What are the vitamins contained in Actimel and what are their benefits?
Vitamins are natural compounds. All life is made from chains of natural chemicals. It is well known that nutrients are essential to staying healthy, but sometimes they can be hard to get in our daily diets!
Vitamins can do hundreds of jobs in the body. From looking after your bones, teeth, muscle function and your blood. Some vitamins work together, for example vitamin C contributes to iron absorption while vitamin D contributes to the normal absorption of calcium. Cool isn’t it?
What vitamins are contained in Actimel?
Actimel yogurt drinks contain added Vitamins D & B6. They can be some of the tricky vitamins for us to get. Here’s a bit about them.
· Vitamin D is sometimes called the sunshine vitamin, because when skin is exposed to sunlight you can create vitamin D yourself. But when there isn’t enough sun, you need to get vitamin D from your diet. Vitamin D supports the normal function of the immune system helping you feel resilient. It also contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and to normal absorption and use of calcium and phosphorus. Clever old vitamin D.
· Vitamin B6. This comes just from your diet as your body cannot make it. B6 is a nifty little vitamin which your body uses all over the place. It supports the normal function of the immune system, helping you to stay on top of your game! It also contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system, plays a role in the support of normal psychological function, regulation of hormonal activity and normal red blood cell formation.
Where can I find these vitamins in food?
Vitamin D can come from your diet:
· Oily fish – such as salmon, sardines, herring, and mackerel
· Red meat
· Egg yolks
· Fortified foods – such as some fat spreads, yogurt and breakfast cereals
· Dietary supplements
Vitamin B6 can naturally be found in many foods from your diet, for example:
• Yeast: interesting source of vitamin B6
Fortified dairy or plant-based products can be a tasty and easy way to get vitamin D and B6 into your diet. Here are some reasons why we think they are so good:
- They support the normal function of your immune system
- They can be a source of calcium, which contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth. Vitamin D also contributes to maintenance of normal teeth bones and even muscle function.
- Some products, such as Actimel Dairy yogurt drinks, contain vitamin B6 and can provide us with 33% of our recommended daily intake of vitamin D.
- They are delicious enough to eat or drink every day!
Our Actimel dairy shots are rich in vitamin D * ! What an easy and tasty solution to getting vitamin D into our diet. Pretty amazing, isn't it?"
Now you know how important these vitamins are, read more about vitamin D: