What foods are good for your immune system?
Here are some foods in a healthy diet:
1. Citrus fruits. vitamin C helps to support the normal function of the immune system and contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue Your body doesn’t store it, so you need to replenish it each day.
2. Red peppers. Stand aside oranges, red peppers contain 3 times more Vitamin C.
3. Broccoli. Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables you can put on your plate. Packed with vitamins A, C and E, fiber, and antioxidants. The less you cook it the healthier it is.
4. Almonds. Almonds pack in a load of vitamin E, other vitamins, and healthy fats. Just half a cup of almonds a day is all you need.
5. Fortified dairy or plant-based products. Can contain key vitamins to help support the immune system.
6. Chicken : Chicken is high in Vitamin B6 which can support the making of red blood cells as well as the immune system.
7. Shellfish. You might not find a pearl every time, but oysters, mussels and other shellfish are a good source of of Zinc. Zinc plays a role in our immune system!
So, take care on what you put in your plate! Bring in diversity to provide all the essential nutrients to support your immune system!
Now you know which foods are good for your immune system, why not have a read about the importance of vitamins.
Main source: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/foods-that-boost-the-immune-system#other-tips
Michael F. Holick and Tai C. Chen: Vitamin D deficiency a worldwide problem with healthconsequences. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2008, 87.