Top tips to support your immune system
For those looking for advice on how to help give their immune system some post-lockdown support, Actimel has partnered with nutritionist Toral Shah, also known as the Urban Kitchen, to give you some easy-to-follow tips to help support it. Toral’s top tips include:
- EXERCISE – “We all know that exercise is good for our health, but did you know that regular exercise can help our immune system and stimulate some of the immune processes?”
- STRESS – “Stress can not only affect our minds, but it can actually negatively impact our immune system as well. Practicing stress relieving techniques such as meditation and yoga can support our immune system to work optimally. Loneliness is associated with chronic stress so connection with friends and family - whether that be virtual or in person if you feel comfortable - can also help our immune systems!”
- VITAMIN D - “Vitamin D is known to help support our immune system. In the UK, we don’t have enough UV light to make vitamin D in our skin from October to March. This means that we need to eat vitamin D rich foods or supplements.
- SLEEP – “Being sleep deprived increases our susceptibility to infection. Sleep and our circadian rhythms (our body’s response to day and night) regulate our immune system and increases its effectiveness, so getting a good night’s sleep is even more important than we thought.
- EAT THE RAINBOW – “Phytochemicals are powerful compounds produced by plants that gives food their characteristic colours and are known to help support the immune system. Eating a varied diet of colourful plant foods can help to increase our resilience.”
Discover Actimel’s range of delicious cultured yoghurt shots – with each shot bursting with 10 billion L. casei cultures**. It also contains 30 per cent of your daily reference Intake (RI) for vitamin D and 15 per cent of your RI for vitamin B6, which both play a role in helping to support your immune system***.
Source: Research conducted by Censuswide with a sample of 2,000 UK adults between 18th June 2021 – 22nd June 2021.
You can find out more about Toral on her website: https://www.theurbankitchen.co.uk/